Alouette River Ride
Located in Pitt Meadows, 30 minute drive from Downtown Vancouver.
2 Hour Ride
This Trail is our most popular ride. Suitable for all level riders. Ride alongside the beautiful Alouette River, enjoying scenic views of the mountains, maybe see a black bear or two. Eagles and Blue Herons have their homes here. Enjoy the area on horseback and ride down a hill or two, cross a quaint bridge and enter the river for an exciting crossing. This is a family friendly ride and you have the choice of a 1 or 2 hour ride.
Children must be 6 years of age and up.
IMPORTANT - All horseback riding tours start at the ranch.
Leghorn Ranch - 20254 Old Dewdney Trunk Rd., Pitt Meadows, BC
FREE Complimentary riding lessons are provided for your safety.
A complimentary horseback riding lesson is required before riders can ride the horses in the trails. Safety is very important to us. The lesson will take approximately 10 minutes per person in the group and it will cover: proper horse saddling, selecting a horse to fit the rider size and experience, and how to control the horse (start, stop, turn). The horse that you learn on is the horse that you will ride on in the trails.
Once the lesson is complete, the cowboy will put the horses in the trailer and drive to the trail. You can follow them to the trail in your car. This way riders will not be riding in highway traffic. Your trail ride starts 5 minutes away from the ranch.
We keep our group sizes small for your safety.
For your safety and the safety of our horses, the weight restriction for adults is 240 lbs.
Leghorn Ranch is a Premier Full Service Horseback Trail riding outfit just 30 minutes from Vancouver B.C. We offer guided horseback riding tours from March through to October. Our well trained horses are the heart and soul of our company. We hand select and train all of our own horses at Leghorn Ranch. The majority of our horses are American Quarter Horses and Paint Quarter Horses. We also have some pretty remarkable ponies at the ranch for the children. The horses are chosen for their personalities and experience. They all have calm dispositions so that you can enjoy your ride without worrying about your horse.
Whether you are a novice or experienced rider, we will match you with a horse which suits your own skill level and personality to ensure that you have the best possible experience. Your safety and well being is our primary concern.
Our rides leave the ranch at
10am, 2pm, and 5pm open daily 7 days a week.
- Long pants to prevent chaffing are recommended.
- All riders must wear appropriate footwear, preferably a boot with low heel. Absolutely no sandals allowed.
- Helmets are provided for your safety with no additional charge. Riders under 18 must wear a helmet.
- Children under 10 must wear a safety vest. Vest provided - no charge
- Minimum age for trail rides is 6 years old and older
- Your horse will be tacked up, so follow the simple advice above to have a memorable ride.
- The BC climate brings varying weather at all times of the year. Please come prepared with raincoat, gloves, hat, extra sweater.
- Other essentials could include: bug spray, sun screen and sun glasses depending on the season.
- All rides commence at the ranch.
- Please show up on time.
- Have FUN!
Looking for the perfect gift idea?
Give the gift of adventure with one of our gift certificates today!
Phone: (778) 886-1343
Alouette River Trail Ride
We offer Horseback riding tours of the most scenic parks and trails around Vancouver BC.
Available in 1 hour or 2 hour adventures.
Complimentary riding lessons are provided prior to all trail rides.