- 2 hour horseback riding tours require a minimum booking of 2 persons.
- Single riders are welcome to book in with a group.
- All 2 hour rides require $115 deposit paid by PayPal, e-transfer or credit card.
- All 1 hour rides require $75 deposit paid by PayPal, e-transfer or credit card.
All rides require a deposit* paid through PayPal, e-transfer or credit card as indicated above. The remaining balance must be paid in cash or credit on day of ride.
*The deposit is required to confirm your booking, as many people do not show up. The deposit shows that you are a serious rider.
$75+GST – 1 hour tours
$115+GST– 2 hour tours
IMPORTANT - All horseback riding tours start at the ranch.
Leghorn Ranch - 20254 Old Dewdney Trunk Rd., Pitt Meadows, BCFREE Complimentary riding lessons are provided for your safety.
A complimentary horseback riding lesson is required before riders can ride the horses in the trails. Safety is very important to us. The lesson will take approximately 10 minutes per person in the group and it will cover: proper horse saddling, selecting a horse to fit the rider size and experience, and how to control the horse (start, stop, turn). The horse that you learn on is the horse that you will ride on in the trails.
Once the lesson is complete, the cowboy will put the horses in the trailer and drive to the trail. You can follow them to the trail in your car. This way riders will not be riding in highway traffic. Your trail ride starts 5 minutes away from the ranch.
For your safety and the safety of our horses, the weight restriction for adults is 240 lbs.
- Long pants to prevent chaffing are recommended.
- All riders must wear appropriate footwear, preferably a boot with low heel. Absolutely no sandals allowed.
- Helmets are provided for your safety with no additional charge. Riders under 18 must wear a helmet.
- Children under 10 must wear a safety vest. Vest provided - no charge
- Minimum age for trail rides is 6 years old and older
- Your horse will be tacked up, so follow the simple advice above to have a memorable ride.
- The BC climate brings varying weather at all times of the year. Please come prepared with raincoat, gloves, hat, extra sweater.
- Other essentials could include: bug spray, sun screen and sun glasses depending on the season.
- All rides commence at the ranch.
- Please show up on time.
- Have FUN!
Looking for the perfect gift idea?
Give the gift of adventure with one of our gift certificates today!
Phone: (778) 886-1343
Alouette River Trail Ride
We offer Horseback riding tours of the most scenic parks and trails around Vancouver BC.
Available in 1 hour or 2 hour adventures.
Complimentary riding lessons are provided prior to all trail rides.