Our horseback trail riding tours are an outdoor adventure experience that you will remember for a long time. We have horseback tours to suit your skill level, from beginner to advanced. Come and enjoy wide open scenic trail riding routes or challenging mountain sides all just minutes away from Vancouver, BC.
All rides require a $100 reservation deposit* paid through PayPal.
*The deposit is required to confirm your booking, as many people do not show up. The deposit shows that you are a serious rider.
IMPORTANT - All horseback riding tours start at the ranch.
A complimentary horseback riding lesson is required before riders can ride the horses in the trails. Safety is very important to us. The lesson will take approximately 10 minutes per person in the group and it will cover: proper horse saddling, selecting a horse to fit the rider size and experience, and how to control the horse (start, stop, turn). The horse that you learn on is the horse that you will ride on in the trails.
Once the lesson is complete, the cowboy will put the horses in the trailer and drive to the trail. You can follow them to the trail in your car. This way riders will not be riding in highway traffic. Your full trail ride starts once you leave the ranch.
For your safety, group sizes are limited and reservations are required.
From our guests
"I can now approach Horses"We went on a horseback riding tour with Hanif. It was more than we could ask for. It was not your normal tour you would get in the states. He took us through the trees and came out to the most beautiful view of the lake. What an amazing tour.
"The best part of our vacation"Thank you so much for such a fantastic time. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and I can honestly say that the time we spent with you was probably the best time I've had for as long as I can remember. You were great.
"Nothing but smiles"Thank you so much for the great horseback rides you’ve taken my wife and I on. The horses are gentle and easy to ride. The trail is fantastic with forests, meadows, stream crossings, mountains and spectacular views. We would otherwise never get to experience these lovely things off the beaten track, and we’ve lived in the lower mainland for many years. Your good fellowship, guidance and information makes the whole experience extra special. The only soreness at the end of the rides was in our faces from smiling and laughing so much.
- Long pants to prevent chaffing are recommended.
- All riders must wear appropriate footwear, preferably a boot with low heel. Absolutely no sandals allowed.
- Helmets are mandatory (provided with no charge). No helmet - no riding - no exceptions.
- Children under 10 must wear a safety vest. Vest provided - no charge
- Minimum age for trail rides is 6 years old and older
- Your horse will be tacked up, so follow the simple advice above to have a memorable ride.
- The BC climate brings varying weather at all times of the year. Please come prepared with raincoat, gloves, hat, extra sweater.
- Other essentials could include: bug spray, sun screen and sun glasses depending on the season.
- All rides commence at the ranch.
- Please show up on time.
- Have FUN!
Looking for the perfect gift idea?
Give the gift of adventure with one of our gift certificates today!
Phone: (778) 886-1343
Alouette River Trail Ride
We offer Horseback riding tours of the most scenic parks and trails around Vancouver BC.
Available in 1 hour, 2 hour, half day and full day wilderness adventures.
Complimentary riding lessons are provided prior to all trail rides.